A centrist commenting on politics in Canada's middle province from the "Centre of the Universe"

Thursday, January 17, 2013

Dear Toronto Drivers:


Dear Toronto Drivers,

I know it can be scary when there is 2 cm on snow falling on the roads. I know this scares you and you wish the army's reassuring presence could be called in to deal with this hard time.

As stressful as this time might, I'd like to remind you of a few things that are still unacceptable behaviors on the road.

I encountered all of these today:

- to the van cabbie and the guy in the mazda 3: coming to a dead stop in the right lane of the off ramp of the express onto the collector on the 401 and then both exiting your cars to have a verbal altercations as I approach at 100 is not ok... Good thing I have good brakes and no one was behind me...

- to both of you again... then continuing this exchange in a cat and mouse type of race on the collectors is still not ok... thanks for almost killing me twice... passing me on the left shoulder as the left lane end is not recommended...

- to the grandpa driving the lexus who almost hit the divider for 401-410. I don't know what caused this but maybe its time to rethink your drivers licence. Your family and I would thank you...

- to the Cadillac Escalade on the Allen going south: a line up of 500 meters to get off the Allen to go west on Eglinton does not mean go all the way to 150 feet in front of turn then dangerously cut off whoever is there... We're both lucky I don't need a new front end and you a new bumper...

- to the middle aged lady driving the white Toyota: the three lanes on Eglinton are still three lanes even with snow. They do not become one big left lane and a small right turn lane...

- to the teenager driving a rear wheel drive BMW... I get it... fishtailing in the snow is fun... but please just like I don't want my front end redesigned by the back end of a Cadillac, I don't want to have my rear end redesigned by a BMW...

Thank you,
Amazed I made it home alive...

1 comment: