A centrist commenting on politics in Canada's middle province from the "Centre of the Universe"

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Introduction

Introduction and Background info:

After months of delaying I finally got my act together and wrote a piece for my blog. It's a shame that Curtis decided to pull the plug on Endless Spin. I have to say it was my favourite blog and it was in part his blog that inspired me to start mine. I had the chance to meet and curl with Curtis last year and I wish him the best in all his future endeavours. I can only wish that my blog will be half as good and half as successful as his.


The name comes from the coordinates for the longitudinal centre of Canada. It's marked by a sign on the Trans-Canada Highway just east of Winnipeg.   Since I tend to believe my political ideology to be fairly centrists and that I now live in Toronto I thought the name for the blog was apt.

In order to better understand my commentary and biases here is a little about me:

I have both studied and worked in politics and I am currently working towards my Master's in Public and International Affairs in Toronto. After growing up in La Broquerie Manitoba, I spent four years in Montreal studying Political Science and Canadian Studies at McGill University. Following my B.A I spent a year working at the Manitoba Legislature as an Intern.

I am a Franco-Manitoban, so some of my posts will be in French but given that most of the provincial political commentary is in English, most posts will be in English.

I consider myself to be centrist but my ideology tends to lean slightly towards the right. In the interest of full disclosure, I have ties with both the Federal Liberal Party and the Progressive Conservative Party of Manitoba but I won't be using this space as a party organ. I hope to use this space to discuss local and current events.

In between posts about politics and public events, posts about hockey and the Montreal Canadiens will most definitely pop up.

No comments:

Post a Comment